UCR isn’t the only institution that’s celebrating 200 years of Frankenstein in 2018! On this page, we share links to other exciting Frankenstein exhibits, programs, and projects.
Have suggestions? We’d love to hear them! Email Curator JJ Jacobson via: jj (dot) Jacobson (at) ucr. (dot)edu.
Ongoing Exhibits & Programs
- Frankenstein: Penetrating the Secrets of Nature: National Library of Medicine:
- The Afterlife of Shelley’s Circle – online exhibit via the New York Public Library
- Frankenstein@200 – series of academic courses and programs via the Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics
- The Frankenstein Bicentennial Project – writing contest, collaboration, and interactive digital narrative via Arizona State University
- The Creation of Frankenstein – an online discussion of Mary Shelley’s work, and its relation to the new Robots exhibition at The Science Museum (London, UK)
- Frankenstein & Dracula: Gothic Monsters, Modern Science, an exhibit on the science of the Monstrous and the Gothic, at the Rosenbach Library in Philadelphia.
Other Blogs & Social Media
- The Doctor’s Model Mansion – Frankenstein-themed posts on the blog of prolific science fiction collector, and generous friend of the Eaton Collection, Dr. Mark C. Glassy
- Frankensteinia – An expansive, image-rich blog tracking Frankenstein in popular culture
- Frankenstein and the Fantastic – The Northeast Popular Culture/American Culture Association celebrates 200 years of Frankenstein’s influence on modern culture
- The History of Igor – Blog series about Frankenstein filmography’s “Humble Hunchback,” ranging from parody to proper
- The Frankenstein Project at Washington University in St. Louis, MO.
- Mobile app: Summer of Darkness – tells the story of the famous summer Lord Byron, Percy Shelley, Mary Shelley, and their companions spent in Switzerland
- Tw @ShelleyFestival – official Twitter of the annual Shelley Festival in Bournemouth, UK.
- Tw @WhinyPantsFrank – comedic quotes from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, via a side-project of UC Riverside’s FrankenBlog
- Tw @Wordsworthians – quotes, images, and excerpts about the Romantic Poets, including Percy Shelley, Mary Shelley, and Lord Byron, via The Wordsworth Trust
- Tw @Keats_Shelley – Twitter account of the Museum Library dedicated to Keats, Percy & Mary Shelley, and Lord Byron
- Frankenstein News – a wide variety of news, tagged #Frankenstein, via Gizmodo
- Tumblr @FrankensteinForever – a companion to Frankensteinia, posting popular culture images of Frankenstein from the nineteenth century to the present
- Tumblr @uispeccoll – University of Iowa’s Special Collections library, Home of the University Archives, Iowa Women’s Archives, historic maps, science fiction collections & more
- #FrankensteinPlay on Storify – archive of a public literary-themed roleplay on Twitter, hosted by Stanford Professor and digital pedagogy expert Dr. Petra Dierkes-Thrun